USSelfStorage.com understands that college can be very expensive and paying for it sometimes is a big challenge. USSelfStorage.com is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to a new student every Fall and Spring semester. We want to help as many students as we can, that is why this is an ongoing scholarship offer.
HOW TO APPLY:
- 1) First check below to see if you are eligible.
- 2) Write your essay.
- 3) Fill out the complete application.
- 4) Upload your essay.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE:
Make sure that your application and essay are completed by July 31st, 2017. Any entries received after that date will be ineligible.
Essay must be on one of the topics below and must be between 500 and 600 words.
- 1) Write about self storage, make it fun and entertaining and it can be real or fiction.
- 2) Self storage is used by college students all over the country. Tell us what you would use a self storage unit for and what you would store in it.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENT:
If you plan to apply, you need to meet all of the following requirements:
- 1) Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 2) Be at least 18 years old.
- 3) Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university in the United States (students may be enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational programs.)
- 4) One entry per applicant.
- 5) No purchase necessary to participate.
- 6) Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment within ten (10) business days of notification of winning the scholarship.
The award will be: a One Thousand Dollar ($1,000) scholarship.
COMPLETE CONTEST RULES:
See our Official Rules for complete details.
The recipient will receive the award in the form of a check made co-payable to the winner and the university.
Essays will be judged based on overall quality, including originality, creativity, grammar, and style.
USSelfStorage.College Scholarship Contest: Full Official Rules
SPONSOR: USSelfStorage.com ("Sponsor")
No Purchase Necessary to Participate
- 1. ELIGIBILITY: The USSelfStorage.com College Scholarship for 2017 is open only to those legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application and who are currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college or university). Current employees, officers, directors, partners, sponsors, affiliates, and agents of Sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
- 2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, beginning February 15, 2017, submit a complete Scholarship Application at USSelfStorage.com no later than July 31st, 2017 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Limit one (1) Application per person. Application must include name, phone number, email address, physical address, academic details, and an answer to one of the two prompts described in Section 2 of the Official Rules, as well as a link as described in Section 3 of the Official Rules. No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages will be accepted once you have submitted your original Application. Written responses that are obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Applications become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible entries. By submitting an Application, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- 3. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Sponsor is looking for eligible Applicants who follow directions and submit Applications that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the topic. The Sponsor will select at least one (1) of the submitted Applications as the potential Prize Winning Application during August, 2017. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Portions of the Prize Winning Application may be posted on the Sponsor's Website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
- 4. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of one thousand dollars and zero cents ($1,000.00). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient (once the Scholarship Prize Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Sponsor). Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment within ten (10) business days of notification of winning the scholarship. Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash equivalent prize will be awarded. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required affidavit, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms, is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients may be issued 1099 tax forms.
- 5. PRIVACY: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that the Sponsor and its related companies may also call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to you.
- 6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipients agree that Sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, the Sponsor, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by USSelfStorage.com.
- 7. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your Application, including your written response submission and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the "Rights"). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submission.
- 8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of Florida without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the courts of Miami-Dade County, State of Florida or any court of the United States of America for the Southern District of Florida and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- 9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
- 10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification.
- 11. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- 12. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ - GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company's respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant's ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- 13. SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
- 14. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant's sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
- 15. LIST OF SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENTS: The names of the Scholarship Prize Recipients of this Scholarship Program may be posted on the USSelfStorage.com Website.
- 16. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by USSelfStorage.com LLC.
1917 N.E. 164th Street
North Miami Beach, FL 33162 USA