Many people have garages but few actually use them as they were intended for, parking vehicles—more specifically CARS. However, most people use them to store items, as an additional bedroom, makeshift office, hobby or workstation area, while some collect and store items. You want to store items? That’s what self storage is for, but we’ll touch on that later.
If you would like to have space to park your car in your garage, here are a few advantages to doing so:
- Protects the paint and exterior appearance of the car.
- Protects your vehicle from extreme weather, especially direct sunshine or snow.
- Eliminates the need to place a sunshield in the vehicle.
- Eliminates having to remove snow from a windshield.
- Keeps leaves, fruit, and vegetation from falling onto your vehicle.
- Protects your car from insects inhabiting your car—unless of course you have insects inside your garage.
- The interior of the vehicle is preserved and lasts longer and looks better when protected from extended weather patterns that affect your vehicle.
- Your vehicle starts a little easier in the cold.
- You can get to and from your car without the weather affecting your exit or entrance into the vehicle.
- You can load and unload items to and from the car without the weather hindering you.
If these advantages are appealing to you, remove that which is currently occupying space in your garage. Eliminate or reduce the following items (listed below), and you to can have a garage that houses vehicle(s).
- Holiday decorations (Christmas, Hanukah, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentines, 4th of July, etc.).
- Hardware that’s not often used.
- Gardening Supplies and tools.
- Seasonal clothing.
These are generally the culprit-items that people fall prey to keeping in a garage; in the event they need or will in fact use them. Let’s look at this for a moment. You drive a vehicle practically everyday, so why not place your vehicle in a place where it can be best utilized everyday? On the other hand, place belongings that are used sparingly in a quality self storage near your home. A self storage will provide several advantages (more space, better organization, secure location, climate-control (if provided), etc.).
Enjoy your newfound garage space and your car will “appreciate” you for it.