SXSW is an annual music, film and interactive conference that has become a major leader in technology and social networking trends. Each year, brands from all over the U.S. showcase what’s next for business and technology and the 22nd installation of this event was no exception. This year, there were a number of breakthrough apps and we’ve rounded them up for you:
• Meerkat - Live streaming may just be the next best thing in social media marketing and this app is getting in on the ground floor. The app made its debut at SXSW and has already had major buy-in from celebrities and companies. We’ve already mentioned Periscope and how it could be used in your self storage marketing and Meerkat works in a similar fashion.
• Graphiti – This app allows users to create photos with spray paint, stencisls and other markers before sharing with friends. With the popularity of apps like SnapChat, which allows for the same quirky editing of pics, this is a great way this is another way to get in on the ground floor in terms of following what’s trending to connect with potential self storage clients.
• Zoom Social – This shows social media trends based on a user’s location in real time. If you’re having trouble keeping on top of what’s trending in the world of online marketing, then this is a great way to get information not only about social media, but also based on your location. For instance, what may work in one market may be totally different in your local market so connecting with other self storage marketers in your area could prov to be invaluable.
• Fradio – This apps empowers users to broadcast their very own radio shows. If you’ve ever thought about starting your own podcast on self storage, then this would be a great app to consider. It also gives the ability to for people to call in and interact while you are doing the show. This gives it an edge over podcasts, which are rarely ever live. While the app itse;f is free, there is a paid subscription option for premium features.
• Stre.am - With the popularity of live streaming lately, there is nowonder why two of the five apps listed are focused on just that. It offers mushc of the same functionality as Meerkat and Periscope and is available for download on both iOS and Android.
If you were at SXSW this year, let is know what you think the top trends are in technology and self storage.