The use of mobile technology is becoming increasingly more popular for both business persons and individuals. According to eMarketer, the number of smartphone users worldwide will total 1.75 billion by the end of 2014. Yes, that’s billion. Using your smartphone to conduct business is easier than ever and managing online marketing is one of the many ways entrepreneur make their mobile devices work for them. Here are the top 5 apps that can help your self storage business:
• Hootsuite – The social media management tool is not only available on the web. It comes in a convenient mobile application that can be accessed from any iOS or Android device. Using the app, you can various social networks, schedule messages, and get social media analytics without ever having to go around a computer. Hootsuite is also especially useful if you want to keep your personal social media accounts separate from that of the ones you use for your self storage business. For example, instead of constantly switching accounts when using the native Twitter app, you can just place all business related accounts into the Hootsuite app and never have to worry about mistakenly sending a personal tweet via your work account again.
• Dropbox – This free service allows you to store all you media locations in one convenient location that you can take wherever you go. Once the files are stored on your computer, you will be able to access them via the app or Dropbox’s website. Your content will always be available so you can tweet or post videos or pictures of yourself storage facility at anytime
• Mashable – As a self storage marketer trying to keep ahead of changing trends, it is handy to have the world’s largest tech blog handy at all times. There are plenty of social media tips and tricks along with other relevant information on recent technology.
• Wordpress – This app offers you the ability to manage your website on the go. If your self storage website is hosted on Wordpress, you can moderate comments and add content to your site all within the app.
• PeakMeetings – If you’re always on the go and getting ideas while away from the office, then this app allows you to capture and organize these ideas and save them for later.
• Battery Pro – With all these mobile apps installed, your battery life will take a considerable hit. This app keeps a track of your battery level and even tells you how much time you have left before your battery runs out. This is helpful if you will be using your phone heavily for online marketing efforts, such as live tweeting at a self storage event.
New apps are released almost on a daily basis. Keeping up with USSelfStorageLocator.com will allow you to get informed of some of the latest developments that can assist with online marketing. Have a smartphone app that you absolutely can’t live without? Let us know in the comment section!