It's a new year. It can be very easy to get caught up in the storage blues. There are numerous ways to overcome this. You can pull ideas from a number of places to give you inspiration, and use a variety of techniques to help get you organized. A new year gives you the opportunity to start fresh and bring order out of chaos. Here's how:
- Use Pinterest to look at storage ideas. There are thousands of inventive ideas that can help you remain stylish, within your budget or make old things into new. All it takes is a little direction to give you inspiration.
- Go to design sites that focus on daily living that will help you put some things into perspective. You may find a need for a self-storage facility while remodeling your home.
- Watch videos that can help you get organized.
- Consider your room scheme and the design you would like to have before getting started. This plays an important part in how you utilize your storage spaces and the items you acquire to achieve your goal.
- Take everything into consideration. If you do need an outside storage facility, what type do you think you will need? Are your items inside or outside items? Items that can be damaged? Making a list of the items that will be moved into storage makes a huge difference.
- Once you decide which type of facility you need, like a climate-controlled unit, it’s best to make sure you have the money in your budget to maintain this facility. It wouldn’t make sense to get a unit that you can’t pay for. You’ll end up losing your items which will cause additional problems.
- Read and research. You’ll always be able to find ideas and other things on the internet. There are many ideas that can be found via social media from major designers or television programs. A little investment of time can not only provide ideas, but may give you a completely different take on what you are trying to accomplish. You may find that you want to add paint, rearrange some items and even change your lighting while incorporating new storage solutions.
Although the sight of clutter and the realization that you need to get your things in order may seem daunting, don’t let it. The saying ‘one day at a time’ rings true in this instance. Take a little bit each day and watch your progress unfold. Everything worthwhile takes time to get to perfection. Have a little faith in your efforts and don’t overextend yourself. Make the New Year a start in the right direction for everything – your storage, your finances and your peace of mind. You want to avoid as many situations that can lead to catastrophe. Don’t let your items overtake you. Get your storage options in line to make a huge difference in your productivity and organization. Once you put the plan in place, the rest of the year should be smooth sailing!